ALLEA is currently seeking a
who will join the team of the ALLEA secretariat in Berlin as soon as possible with a weekly workload of 19.5 hours, preferably for 3 days per week, with an hourly total remuneration of 11.00€.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Membership database management incl. regular update of respective mailing lists
- Support preparation of public events as well as working group and governance meetings, including travel arrangements and hotel bookings
- Diary management
- Contribute to drafting invitations, concept notes, press releases and creating news alerts, as well as material for media kits
- Assist in planning and managing publications inventory
- Provide assistance to editing digital and print layouts for newsletters, information material, leaflets, etc.
- Support maintenance and update contents on the organisation’s website and its Social Media channels
- Collate and analyse media coverage
- General office duties and assistance to ALLEA’s Executive Director
- Graduate student enrolled in a university programme in a related field (e.g. International Relations, European Studies, Political Science, Communications and Media Studies, etc.)
- Interest in the areas of expertise of ALLEA (research policy, international scientific collaboration, scientific advice to policy-making, etc.)
- Advanced computer skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent English and good German language skills
- Very good organisational skills, hands-on approach and a keen eye for detail
- Experience with CMS (especially WordPress), Adobe InDesign, and/or Adobe Photoshop is an asset
- Previous experience in an office setting
- Ability to work independently and in a team
ALLEA applies an equal opportunities policy and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of gender, race, religion or ethnic or social origin.
Please submit your digital application comprised of a cover letter, CV, and relevant corresponding certificates as one single PDF document (3 MB max.) to email@example.com by 11 February 2018 midnight. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
All European Academies (ALLEA) is the European Federation of Academies of Sciences and Humanities. ALLEA aims to bring together and coordinate the cooperation of its almost 60 member academies from 40 countries in the Council of Europe region.
The ALLEA secretariat, based in the building of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW) in Berlin-Mitte, is in charge of providing administrative and organisational assistance to the Presidency and Board in their daily work; it implements the communications and public relations strategies of the federation and assists in executing ALLEA’s activities towards providing evidence-based policy advice to the European Commission. Furthermore, the secretariat supports ALLEA’s working groups in addressing relevant science and science policy issues.