The Government of the Republic of Montenegro founded the Scientific Society of Montenegro, on 23rd October 1950. The Society was active till 1956.
The Parliament of the Republic of Montenegro passed the Law on the Society for Science and Arts of Montenegro, on 12th October 1971. In compliance to the Law, the Registry Commission was formed, which on its session of 6th March 1973 reached the decision on election of the first members of the Society. The Constitutive Session of the Society for Science and Arts of Montenegro was held on 10th July 1973 year. The total number of the first elected members of the Society was 42, out of which 25 were full members (academicians) and 17 corresponding (foreign) members.
The Parliament of Republic Montenegro decided on 10th March 1976, to transform the Society of Science and Arts of Montenegro to The Montenegrin Academy of Sciences and Arts (MASA).
Click here to learn more.
Rista Stijovica 5
81 000 Podgorica
Phone: +381 81 655466
Fax: +381 81 655451