ALLEA is the European Federation of Academies of Sciences and Humanities. ALLEA speaks out on behalf of its more than 50 members from over 40 countries in Europe and seeks to promote science as a global public good.
The ALLEA Secretariat, based in the building of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW) in Berlin-Mitte, is in charge of providing administrative and organisational assistance to the Presidency and Board in their daily work; it implements the communications and media strategies of the federation and assists in executing ALLEA’s activities towards providing evidence-based policy advice to the European Commission. Furthermore, the Secretariat supports ALLEA’s Working Groups in addressing relevant science and science-policy issues.
ALLEA is currently seeking a
to join its team in Berlin as of 1 August 2019 on a weekly average workload of 19.5 hours, preferably for 3 days per week, with an hourly total remuneration of 12.50€ before tax, in accordance with the Tarifvertrag für studentische Beschäftigte (TV Stud III – KAV), Berlin.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Help to create and edit newsletters, publications, leaflets, etc.
- Assist in the creation and management of contents for the organisation’s websites and social media channels
- Work with the communications team in drafting press releases, establishing media contacts and preparing media alerts via Mailchimp
- Contribute to the conceptualisation and drafting of contents for a blog, including features about European science and interviews with top-level researchers
- Support the preparation of public events as well as working group and governance meetings, including travel arrangements and hotel bookings
- Aid with project administration, support general office tasks and provide assistance to ALLEA’s Executive Director
- Graduate student enrolled in a university programme, preferably in a related field (e.g. International Relations, European Studies, Political Science, Journalism, Communications and Media Studies, etc.)
- Interest in the areas of expertise of ALLEA (international scientific collaboration, science communications, research policy, scientific advice to policymaking, etc.)
- Excellent command of English in speaking and writing; advanced German and/or other language skills are an asset
- Very good organisational skills, hands-on approach and a keen eye for detail
- Advanced computer skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ideally experience with WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere and/or Adobe Photoshop
- Previous experience in an office setting, ability to work independently and in a team
If you are interested, please submit your digital application comprised of a cover letter, CV, and relevant corresponding certificates as one single PDF document (3 MB max.) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 July 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews due to take place between 4 and 10 July 2019.