An academic committee chaired by the President of the European Federation of Academies of Sciences and Humanities, ALLEA, and composed of renowned fellows of European Academies in the fields of the Social Sciences and Humanities collects nominations, evaluates the merits of the candidates and identifies the prize laureates. The jury is also responsible for selecting a laudator.
- Antonio Loprieno (chairman), ALLEA – Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences
- Øivind Andersen, Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
- Marie-Therese Flanagan, Royal Irish Academy
- Luisa Passerini, European University Institute, Florence; Laureate 2014
- Alberto Quadrio-Curzio, Academy of the Lincei, Italy
- Dame Helen Wallace, British Academy; Laureate 2015
- Ed Noort, Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences